Most of us have heard of a bucket list, but what about a Mother and Son Bucket List, if you have boys?
I just love having fun with my children – the more adventurous, the better! In fact, I really think that part of the reason children are in our lives is to remind us to have FUN again, don’t you think?
Children have this inbuilt ability to be carefree and just enjoy life. No one has to teach them; As adults though we sometimes unlearn this habit of having fun.
I’ve ticked off those we’ve done already (not that we can’t or won’t do them again, and again – and again. We probably will…)
So, here are 50 Fun Things to do with Your Son :
1. Go Quad Bike riding together
We did this in the Sinai Desert in Egypt – fun, but actually really bumpy!
2. Swim in an Aqua Park together
We’ve done this lots of times – at Center Parcs in England (when they were about 3 and 5 years old), in Egypt, in Guildford & in the Bracknell area. They’ve also done it themselves at birthday parties.
My boys LOVE water-slides and wave pools.
We didn’t get any good photographic evidence of me doing it with them….:)
3. Camp under the stars in the back garden
4. Camp indoors – in the lounge
5. Play Chess together
6. Play Backgammon
7. Play Rounders
8. Take him to a ‘High Tea’ in a posh hotel
We went to St Ermin’s Hotel in London, with a friend and her two boys. Us ladies had the usual high tea with little sandwiches, macaroons and dainty cupcakes – and the boys had a ‘Superhero’ High Tea themed especially with boys in mind. I was surprised at how they loved it!
9. Barbecue (or eat fish & chips together) on the beach at sundown
10. Go Sailing together
11. Waterski together
12. Read a funny book
We’ve read a lot of wild and wacky books together – and even though they don’t need me to read to them anymore, I still sometimes read from a funny book to them…
14. Take a Mission Trip together
I’d like to do this perhaps in a few years’ time – take them to help with emergency aid if possible or to visit an orphanage or child that we sponsor through an organisation called Compassion.
15. Have a Pancake Feast
16. Have a Chocolate Fondue night
17. Have a Games Night together
18. Play Cards
19. Go to the Drive-in
20. Go Glamping together
There’s a number of places where you can go glamping in England – this was the Medieval Glamping at Leeds Castle. My husband & I slept in a 4-poster bed inside the tent! Nothing like camping when you arrive to a plush tent already up & waiting just for you. 🙂
21. Take a trip on a Houseboat
22. Go Snorkelling together
23. Have a Movie Marathon
24. Read Adventure stories and stories of Heroes
25. Go to a Theme park and ride together on a ‘scary’ ride
26. Make Catapults and use them for target practice
27. Create Science Experiments together
28. Go ‘Go-karting’ together
29. Ski or snowboard together
30. Take him Sledding
31. Take a Cruise together
32. Teach him how to ‘waltz’
33. Take him on a dinner date & teach him how to treat a lady
34. Take him Fishing
35. Go Canoeing together
36. Practice skimming stones
37. Climb trees together
38. Take him to go get an Ice-cream Sundae
39. Take him to a West End show or show at a local theatre
40. Go Jet-skiing together
41. Take him to a Stunt Show
We watched one together at Disneyland Paris; They’ve also been to local stunt shows with their Dad.
42. Watch a live sports game together – rugby, football, Wimbledon tennis
43. Go to a Live Concert together
44. Have an Indoor Picnic
45.Ride together in a Hot Air Balloon
46. Go for a Helicopter ride together
47. Volunteer together
48. Go Camping
49. Take surfing lessons together
50. Take him to the circus
What about YOU? Do you have any more ideas that you would add to this list?