Have you pursued your passion in your business, only to find that you’re overwhelmed by a multitude of tasks, lack focus and feel as though your business has taken over your life, leaving no real time for your family, friends or even your health?
It is possible to have it all.
You really can create the remarkable life and work you were meant for and pursue your passion without sacrificing your family life, health and sanity and you can enjoy a work and personal life that brings incredible fulfilment, with zero regrets.
You also can find a way to take back control of your time, manage it better and focus on the most important things in your life – you, your family and your business.
Running your own business while being a mom can be tough.
You can feel really torn between the desire to do something significant and use your abilities outside of motherhood and your desire to be a great mom to your kids.
You really want to get it right.
You want both.
But without the skills to manage your time well, to focus your efforts on the few vitals and keep your business from swallowing you up, it can seem impossible.
Let me tell you about Jasmine. Jasmine began her business about a year ago, having acquired it quite by chance. What especially excited her about it was the opportunity it provided to do what she had always dreamt of doing.
It wasn’t long before Jasmine’s business began growing at a healthy rate and customers loved the experience her business gave them. The creativity and excellence behind her work blew them away.
The irony, though, was that while customers were getting so much value from her, the business was consuming most of her waking hours. Her life had become incredibly frantic trying to maintain it, while also doing her best to manage life with a husband, children and a home that needed maintenance.
She felt like a hamster on a wheel. The long hours was causing her marriage, time with her children and even her health (both physical and mental) to suffer. She felt totally overwhelmed, and confused as a result, and didn’t even know where to begin to change it.
She desperately wanted to make the business work, yet in a way that allowed the rest of her life to thrive too.
We worked together to identify what she needed to work on NOW which took her from confused and overwhelmed to complete clarity.
Then we worked on strategies that in the medium term would make the right changes in her business and life to take her from overstretched to managing it all well.
The truth is that it’s possible. Imagine doing the work you believe you were meant to do, while also enjoying rich, rewarding relationships and time for rest and relaxation. Time just to have fun!
Picture this : Your head hits the pillow every night tired, but deeply satisfied you did work that fulfilled you within reasonable working hours, and you got to have some time enjoying being with your children and your spouse.
There is a sense of calm and order both at your business and at home. Everything works as it should : no crises, no need to rush around. You’re not stressed, you’re challenged, yes, but you feel in control.
Why is this so hard to attain?
- We get so caught up in doing, doing, doing,
We lose sight of whats really important to us. When we’re overwhelmed, we benefit most from an outside, yet objective perspective.
- We all have blind spots.
We often don’t know what’s holding us back from being more effective. So we keep repeating the same unhelpful behaviours and hitting the same walls.
- We can have unhelpful habits that are ingrained
Some are from childhood and some from experiences in later life and we need support and help from someone to break them.
- Another book or course on time management cant tell us why we are not able to manage our life without getting overwhelmed. There are individual things we do through self-sabotage, fear or our limiting beliefs that require help via specific techniques to unlock our true potential. These are just not covered in a standard time management course.
- We don’t need yet another miracle app or piece of technology to make us more productive. When we constantly chase a better time management tool, we get stuck in a cycle that never helps us find the root of our real issues with productivity (us!)
- We hope that friends and family around us can help but often they’re just as stressed out, hectically busy and stuck themselves!
Here’s what you need to so you can do the work you’ve dreamt of doing while also being the fully present mom, wife and friend you desire to be :
- Get crystal clear on what you most want out of life what you most value;
which are your most important goals.
- Identify your biggest time traps
- Discover any hidden psychological barriers that are hindering your effectiveness and productivity (these can trip you up without you even knowing it)
- Obtain a personalised action plan and get laser-focussed on the steps you need to take in your business and life.
- Get the motivation and confidence to take action on your most important and meaningful activities, and say no to everything else.
- Develop the healthy habits champions use to get more done by knowing what they are and being accountable to follow through with them.
If you’re ready to take back control and manage your time and your life better, you can get started right now.
Sue Sundstrom is a transformational coach who helps overwhelmed women entrepreneurs get laser-focussed, take back control of their time, get more done in less time and get back the balance they so desperately need.
Want to get back control immediately? Call me today for a free ‘Remarkable life’ Consultation at 07877092231 or email me at email@example.com where we’ll explore your dream life and help you to get increased focus as well as some immediate action steps to get more done, in less time.
Leave a Reply